Carwile Mechanical is proud to offer a position as HVAC Service Technician/Installer.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Basic life & AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Accident & critical illness coverage
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Full-time work
This position is responsible to perform install or maintenance and service for our HVAC customers. Technician should utilize our technology, technical capability, and customer service to provide a great experience to our customer. Technician will be primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, compressors, furnaces, humidifiers, ductwork, setting and starting up split and package systems, gas piping, venting and necessary electrical work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Provide consistent remarkable customer service.
- Respond to daily residential HVAC service dispatched calls.
- Ability to repair and/or service all major brands of HVAC equipment. Ability to adapt to on-demand modifications.
- Will be required to help promote a safe working environment above all.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment needed for each individual jobsite.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, and piping.
- Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks.
- Will be required to read and follow blueprints and determine what material, tools and equipment will be needed to complete task.
- Will be required to work independently
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED
- EPA certified to handle refrigerant
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience for lead technicians
Skills and Abilities:
- Firm understanding of how HVAC systems function
- Ability to evaluate job-related safety hazards
- Use of all types of tools and testing equipment essential to the trade
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting skills
- Basic to intermediate familiarity with technology
- Ability to communicate effectively
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all-weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.