Carwile Mechanical is proud to offer a position as Superintendent.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Basic life & AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Accident & critical illness coverage
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Full-time work
Superintendent is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the daily activities for all Mechanical trades on construction projects. Has the ultimate responsibility for project safety, meeting the construction schedule, and labor productivity. Direct and coordinate onsite personnel and subcontractors in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, coordinating, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving problems, questions and concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Project Manager to plan and manage the project schedule and to ensure successful project completion, teamwork, and feedback to internal support groups.
- Full engagement in the Virtual Construction Process, attend all coordination meetings, review and approve Models, Documents, and Fabrication Spools before fabrication and delivery
- Promote a safe working environment:
- Performs or Supervises Daily Pre-task safety planning
- Ensure that all field personnel and Subcontractors are compliant with OSHA and Jobsite Safety requirements
- Manage project workforce and supervise their daily activities:
- Assign responsibilities and tasks – Individually or thru Foreman
- Ensure all onsite employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, regulations, ethics, and mission statement
- Provide mentorship and direction to all Foreman and field personnel
- Enforces all Company Policies and Procedures and Disciplinary actions equally fair without discrimination
- Schedule and coordinate equipment and material deliveries; ensure needed items are received on time at the jobsite and are in good condition upon delivery
- Schedule subcontractors and monitor performance
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Work proactively to promote positive relationships between construction management teams and customer teams, as well as internal support groups
- Daily reports, documentation, and timecards that are accurate, concise, and includes essential information on our progress as well as the overall project progress.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or greater
- Knowledge or Experience in Construction is preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage large projects and lead team members and individuals
- Ability to creatively develop and design solutions
- Good customer service skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage people and on-going change
- Good attention to detail with emphasis on quality
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all-weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.